What do Biomedical Engineers do?
Biomedical Engineers and Technicians are employed within the healthcare system to install, maintain and repair pieces of medical technical equipment.
Duties of Biomedical Engineers Include:
- Advise and consult with medical staff about their equipment requirements.
- Make surgical equipment and tools.
- Install and test medical equipment.
- Examine, maintain and repair equipment.
- Carry out quality assurance and electrical safety checks on equipment.
- Train staff to use equipment and give technical advice and assistance.
- Help design and develop implants for use during operations – for example, artificial joints.