Event and Feedback Summary
On 24-25th of September, APEX delegates throughout the country attended a training course held by APEX at the Ellerslie Event Centre in Auckland. The course aimed to update delegates on important changes and deliver valuable new information. The event also provided an opportunity for delegates to meet and network with other delegates across the country and other divisions.
Many thanks to those of you who attended and participated in the delegates training. It was great to touch base with all of you and welcome our new delegates! The delegate role is invaluable to the function of the union. Thank you for all your efforts and time.
We appreciate all the feedback provided and the comments received play a vital part in shaping future APEX delegate events. The following is a summary of the feedback received from the attendees.
Overall the feedback suggested that the course was well managed. We also received constructive criticism regarding the timing and running of the new delegates training that we will take onboard and apply when organising the next delegates training.
- “Great day as always to meet others and keep in touch”
- “Very good programme”
Overall the feedback suggested that the standard of the presenters at the course was high. Many appreciated the session presented by APEX Advocate Omar Hamed on the 24th of September.
- “Very good speakers with interesting content. All approachable and able to answer questions”
- “Presenters were clear & articulate. Good knowledge and well presented. Informative sessions”
- “Excellent knowledge shown in fields of expertise”
We received positive feedback regarding the handouts provided. We also had some helpful suggestions to improve the provision of resources for future delegate events.
- “Would have liked a printed programme for the day. Raising & resolving employment relationship problems handouts were clear & relevant”
- “Useful handouts that I will look at again. The group session based on region was very helpful”
Overall feedback suggested that delegates found the training a valuable experience.
- “Great opportunity to learn about the role, meet other delegates & learn about common issues. I feel excited about responding effectively to member needs! Thank you!”
- “Excellent Meeting – Thank you. Well organised”
- “Good to refresh and update knowledge”
Improvements that could be made:
- Ensuring people had microphones before speaking.
- Handouts with main points for each session and clearer explanation on objectives.
- More opportunity for group discussions.